Friday, December 29, 2006

Phew!!!!

Well Christmas is over. Is it bad if I say finally? Christmas seemed to go on and on over here.

Let me begin my Christmas tale with a picture of my Christmas tree. This tree gave me so much more grief than it was worth. I have decided that from this year on I will be anti Christmas tree. Okay, that's a lie. It started out when Jonny threw out my old Christmas tree and then didn't want to fork over the cash for me to get the tree that I really wanted. To make a long story short we ended up getting this real one. Which I must say was a pretty nice looking tree to start with. I bought some pretty new red lights to go on my Christmas tree but while cutting the tags off the lights I accidentally cut through a string of wire. Jonny attempted to fix the lights but they only worked about 75% of the time (please note that during the time of this picture it was the 30%). Anyways, here is my tree.

Because Alanna was spending Christmas with her father's family this year we had our own little Christmas at our house the weekend before actual Christmas. Alanna was pretty excited to find out that she got to open presents early.

I'm not sure Emerie really understood what was going on. But we have cute pictures and that's enough for me.

I'll sum up the rest of Christmas really quickly:
Christmas Eve we spent with the Chapman's and all their family. We had a great time eating, playing games, and did I mention eating? BTW - I have never seen so many presents in my life - just thought I would throw that in.
Christmas Day Jonny's mom came with us to my parents place for Christmas supper. My parents had gotten us a deep freeze for Christmas which was delivered earlier in the week but they also surprised us with a gift certificate to Costco as well. Hello Boxing Day shopping.
Boxing Day, after shopping of course, we were back at my mom's house where my whole family got together, including Alanna. I counted 37 people for supper. We had a Chinese gift exchange. After the exchange Jonny and I ended up with an ivory colored table lamp and an ice fishing thingamajig. After trading with willing participants we brought home a fleece blanket and a CD holder book thing. Now because I've been talking about Christmas's at my mother's house it is only fitting that I now post the long awaited before and after pictures of the renovations to my mom's house. You should be able to get the jist of the reno's by these pictures but as you can imagine they don't do the room any justice.
BEFORE:



AFTER:




Last night (being Thursday) we had Gibson Christmas at my house. Even though I took down my tree the day before (oh well). Dave and Deb and their family and Kelvin and his kids and of course Jonny's mom all came over. It was nice to have everybody together because it is a rare occasion.
Hmm, let's see, other things that happened over Christmas. Ah, yes. Santa Claus showed up in Marcelin on Christmas Eve (my mom's brothers and sisters and what not were all there, basically everyone that was at mom's on Boxing Day except my family). Santa showed up with dark sunglasses and gloves on so no one knew his true identity. I guess everyone was a little skeptical about letting him in but what do you do it's Christmas. Anyhow, Santa ended up proposing to my cousin Jolene (congrats Jo). I saw the video footage and it was really sweet. The same night there was another engagement. My Dad! Nuff said.

I hope everyone out there in blogging land had a most excellent Christmas and will have a great New Year. By the way - I am extremely excited about New Years. I will post pictures of that later. We are having a murder mystery party - I've never done one before - how exciting!!!!

Oh yeah - for Christmas I got beautiful bedding to decorate my beautiful head and footboard that I got for my birthday. I thought I had pictures of if but apparently I don't. I will get them and post them in my next post.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I'd like to see your beautiful bedding. we have beautiful bedding, but the only problem is, its not comfortable to sleep with, so we don't use it. instead we use a really old pink and orange comforter i had in high school! its so silly. it sounds like you had a lot of xmas tree problems. the reno's look great. we should hang out

Leah said...

I was concerned about mine being comfortable as well. It is pretty stiff on the outside but the underside is soft and fluffy.