Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Bad Luck / Good Luck?

Well yesterday was certainly adventerous. So I drove home from work at 3:30 - if you've been keeping tabs on my traffic whoes, I will have you know that at 3:30 the traffic is much better. Anyways, so I go and pick up the kidlets and then Jonny calls. Well, Jonny has a fitting at Anthony's because him and Alanna are both in a fashion show on Sunday (more on this to come). He would like for me to come with him to his fitting as a second opinion.

Sure - sounds like fun - hey, how bout I just drive out to Sleepers and we can leave the car there and then the fam can go out for supper afterwards. Super fun family time.

So I drive out to Sleepers with the kids to meet him at 5. So now I have basically volunteered to sit through the 5 traffic all the way down Idylwyld to downtown Saskatoon. Imagine my shgrin. The fitting went well - Jonny looked tres hot!

When we left we discovered that the vehicle parked next to us had gotten run into and had a busted passenger window - which totally sucked for them - they were still in the vehicle when it happened that there was two kids in the back seat (how scarey would that be).

So then we decide to stop at Walmart quick to pick up a few things. We get out and Alanna notices that our rear tire is completely flat. We could actually hear the air escaping. We knew that the tires were getting pretty bad but tires are so friggin expensive it just hasn't been a priority. Luckily Jonny had gotten his SGI rebate cheque in the mail that day so that would cover the tire expense. So we start talking to the Walmart tire dude and after looking at it he tells us that it can just be repaired and we don't have to replace the tire - turns out the tire isn't as bad as we thought. WOO HOO! While Jonny was going outside with Walmart dude I was getting a key cut and Walmart announcer dudette says - Attention - would the owner of a white Jeep Grande Cherokee please note that they have a flat tire. I'm like - thanks tips.

So then we just grabbed something quick at McDonalds and headed home because at this point we are beat. We get home and realized that we had forgotten the things that we needed to buy. So I get the kids ready for bed and Jonny runs back to the store. He gets back and we go to get a bottle ready for Emerie and realize that there is no more milk. URGH! So then it's my turn to go back to the store.

Sigh - today has been a much better day! Traffic was clear - both ways to work - and I didn't have to go to the store at all. The kids are in bed, Jonny's a choir - finally some down time all to myself.

Tomorrow - day off. Coffee with the ladies, hip hip!

Good evening, all.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I feel your pain when it comes to traffic. Sometimes I actually miss Saskatoon traffic b/c Deerfoot trail traffic in Calgary during rush hour is a nightmare. I haven't commented in ages, so I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you. Sounds hectic in your world right now, but sometimes that just can't be avoided!

Just Me said...

MMMM, and coffee time it was....perhaps we should call it 'Coffee Day' :)

Anonymous said...

Well it sounds like you had a crappy day. I was in the City on Tuesday and because of the water break on Clarence traffic was hell I was just happy that I didn't have to travel that way but J.J. wasn't so lucky!! Hope to see you soon!!

Jenna said...

well i hope your days have been better since then!!