Thursday, May 17, 2007

My Vacation

This morning before I even opened my eyes I could feel the warm sun shining through the window onto my face. The satin sheets felt so soft against my skin. But the best part really was the smell of the cool breeze rolling off the ocean into our beach front villa. I stretched my way into consciousness and Jonny came into the room with breakfast that was just delivered by room service. There is something to be said about fresh croissants, fruit, and hazelnutt coffee, mmmm.

After breakfast we took a stroll along the beach. I can't believe how tall the trees are on the island. The coolest thing was that we saw a giant sea turtle making it's way back into the water - what a majestic creature.

After a picnic lunch by the water we decided to head into the village to check out some of the local markets. We didn't buy anything but it was pretty interesting watching other tourists bartering.

Next we went back to our villa and had massages out on the patio, of course while sipping on virgin pina coladas.

It was pretty late by this point so we were going to just grab a quick bite somewhere and go to bed - but - we made the most amazing discovery. There was this little bistro tucked into a corner of the resort's grounds. It was outdoors and completely candle lit. I mean there were candles everywhere. We had the most amazing steak and crab legs ever and a chocolate fondu for desert.

What a perfect day!!

Keep dreaming, bloggers.

5 comments:

Megan said...

lol. You'll get to go on that perfect vacation one day... And it'll be so much more special and fantastic when that day comes!

Just Me said...

Ha...virgin pina coladas, my arse :)

Miss Gina said...

Mmmmm, that sounds absolutely lovely!!! Where would you go?

Anonymous said...

OK I need to appoligize i thought some pretty mean things till I got to the end!! But when that vacation does happen take lots of pics for me It's the only way I'll get there!!

Miss Gina said...

Long time no blog...