Monday, June 25, 2007

Happy Anniversary! - to me?

So this weekend was my parents 7th anniversary. So, as generous as my parents always are - they invited us over for supper.

Oh my GAWD!!!! It was amazing. Mom had set up a little garden party for us all in the back yard where we dined on crab legs, steak and red wine. Anyone who knows me knows that this is my dream meal. Why wouldn't this be anyone's dream meal, for that matter. During dessert (which by the way - was a fruit and marshmallow chocolate fondue) my parents announced that they are taking me and my sister on a cruise!!! Can you beieve it? We will be gone for 9-ish days. I think the cruise (which is in the Nassau Islands) is for 3 days and the rest of the time we'll be hanging out in Fort Lauderdale. The only MUST DOs on our list so far is to go scuba diving and we are going to the everglades on one of those hovercraft boat thingys.

Seriously - I'm such a geek - I've never been anywhere - ever. I've never flown - so please try not to be annoyed with me in the next 6 months. I'll try not to talk about it ALL the time.

ps - horrifying near death experieince story still to come - please be patient.

8 comments:

Megan said...

that's awesome, what a great surprise! you deserve a nice trip and flying is the best way to travel.

Anonymous said...

Well congrats to them and yeah for Leah!!!!!

kristin janzen said...

leah that's soooooo exciting! it's so beautiful there, my parents took my sis and i to the bahamas when we were kids (they won a cruise!). i'm happy for you!

kristin janzen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenna said...

yay!! I'm so happy for you!!

Miss Gina said...

Hooray! Congratulations! Cruises are AMAZAZING...our whole family went on one a couple years ago and I love love loved it! What cruise line are you going with?

Yay...I'm so excited for you! Is it just your parents and you and your sister?

Just Me said...

YAY for trips...now if only it would have been over New Year's...

Leah said...

I think we are hoping to leave Jan 1. Jenn I couldn't possibly leave you on new years - don't be silly ;) And yeah, it'll be just the four of us going.