Thursday, August 02, 2007

Summer...so far.

FUDGE!!!!! I just finshed this blog and then my stinkin computer froze and I lost it all. Hmmm - serves me right for not saving. People - save your blogs periodically before posting! ARGH!!

Okay - enough venting - happy thoughts - happy thoughts.

So on to summer things. This summer seems to have been stupidly busy. I have been working an insane amount of hours. Like some 87 hours a pay period - so much for part time. Oh well - it turns out I really like money - or spending it rather - so this works out good for me.
I have had a little bit of time for some fun so let me tell you about that instead of boring you with details about my fabulous job.


Well, in July my dad got married - I supposed that is blog worthy, wouldn't ya think? So I now have a new step mother, Joanne, two step sisters, Amber and Jenna, and two step brothers, Justin and Cody.
It really was the place that they got married that impressed me the most. This place is set up like the wild west. It was so cool. This must be Saskatoon's best kept secret.You can actually rent one of the houses and stay for the night. It's like having a sleepover in boomtown. Crazy!

These are goats. I dared not get any closer than this. There was a sign on the bridge "Goat Drop Pass". This too me said "Don't come any closer unless you would like to be pooped on". Nuff said.Ah yes, Satanic chickens. I tried to touch one and it growled at me in it's very chickenish way, I swear it told me to "bruck off".

I always thought the idea of "family camp" would be absolutely lame. Turns out I'm wrong. Living Waters was a blast. We will definately be going back next year.
There was tons of our friends there that we got to hang out with. Even the girls found friends to play with.Speaking of friends. My friend Megan, who I hadn't seen in 3 years came to visit me. Alanna and I double dated with Megan and her daughter Cassidy at The Cave. I don't think I've laughed that hard during a meal in a long time. Turns out our girls are quite the comedians. The girls made fast BFFs and put on little dances for us afterwards. It was "just one more" up until they were sent to bed. Alanna and I hope that it isn't three more years until they visit again.

So that is the first half of my summer, in a nut shell. I hope everyone's summer is equally as fun - maybe a little less busy - as mine has been. August looks like it'll be just as full so I'll post a blog for the second half of summer later on.

6 comments:

Jenna said...

I was pleasantly surprised to see a new blog from you, and it was gooder. Summer is fun!!

Megan said...

It won't be 3 more years, I promise! We had a great time and Cassidy is still talking about her new friend, Alanna!

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jillarae said...

Leah, where was the wedding at? I am making VERY premature plans for my brother's re-wedding when he brings his Egyptian bride to Canada. This is down the road a while, but Mom and I are trying to find a fun place to have it. Looks like you've had a great summer!

Christine said...

That's such a sweet picture of the babies playing in the sand.

Leah said...

Jilla - The wedding was at Champetre couty. Which is out by St. Denis (20 minutes out of the city). It was a great place to have a summer wedding. We loved it.