Sunday, July 01, 2007

Ears Pierced...again.

So to preface this story - Alanna had her ears pierced when she was 4 six months later on my wedding day I went to change her earrings - for the first time. She panicked because she thought it was going to hurt like when we got them pierced so we got the earrings out but she wouldn't let us put ones back in. So of course, her holes have since grown in.

Today Alanna decides that she would like to pierce them again because she is brave enough and really would like them. So we go to the mall and she meticulously picks out the exact pair that she would be most happy with. They pierce the one side and she decides that she cannot bare the pain of having the other side done and won't get it done. OH FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!!!

To make a long story extremely short after much coaxing and bribing and grocery shopping she decides that she'll get the other side done because she can't very well walk around with only one ear pierced. (and by now the other side isn't hurting anymore) Then when we get back in the store she decides she can't go through with it again. I'm sure other people in the mall thought we were making our kid get her ears pierced without her consent at all. So finally she agrees but only if I get mine done as well. So I agree that I will get mine done as soon as she does hers. So then she agrees that that is acceptable and says to the lady that she can go ahead. So they lady (who is using a gun) is pretty wound up after this kid has made such a fuss in the store - her hands are now shaking which I wasn't going to point out in front of Alanna. But then the gun is jammed so with it up to Alanna's ear it is clicking but not actually piercing anything. Way to psych the poor kid out. But alas it finally works and Alanna is now pierced in both ears.

So as we are leaving Alanna says wait a minute....your supposed to get yours done too. Oh...yeah.

Now, I have been pierced a ton of times all recently with a needle(both my ear lobes, the top of my left ear, my tongue, and my navel three times) so I'm like this is no big deal. So after the gun clicks a few times to psych me out it turns out that the gun friggin hurts. I guess I should mention that because I'm me and really don't like doing anything too normal I only got the one side pierced and it turns out I quite like it.

I told Alanna that I would take pictures of us for my blog - she says that my earring did not show up enough - hence the close up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh Parenting well done!!

Just Me said...

HA hahahaha! That is funny! I can just imagine the verbal bribing and coaxing that went on...tell her I think that they are very pretty!

Megan said...

that's a funny story. Cassidy hasn't worn her earrings in months b/c of an infection from some cheap dollar store earrings so I'm pretty sure I'll have to get hers done again too. I'll let you know how it goes.

Jenna said...

thats so funny. i told alanna that they looked very nice. hope you found a babysitter today

Megan said...

I think it's time for an update.