Thursday, April 19, 2007

First Week Working

Phew! I have been absolutely bushed the past couple days. Since Tuesday I have been in training at my new job. Today was probably my most favorite day. I have discovered that I have learned so much more in just today than any other day. I actually got to jump on the phones and schedule bus routes myself today and it is so much better than just watching people do it. Once I got to actually work I found that my day just flew by. It can get really busy and there is always stuff to do when there aren't any calls coming in. Tomorrow I get to start dispatching - how exciting/terrifying.

I really like the ladies that I'm working with. And get this the only girl that I haven't met at work yet I actually think that I went to school with her in Grade 3. I work with her for the first time tomorrow so I guess I'll find out then.

Alanna has really been liking the before and after school program. She was having trouble with some of the kids on the bus so this is a really great thing for her. Emerie has been such a good girl this week. I know Jenna said she had a little trouble but Jenna's a big liar. Just kidding. I know Emerie probably was a little upset that she had to share someone's attention. She has been though, a perfect angel for grandma.

Well, tomorrow I start work tomorrow at 6am - there is not another one of these in my schedule as far as I can see - thank the Lord. However, I am going to bed now as I have to wake up at a very un-holy hour.

Good night all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're really enjoying your new job, congrats!!
I'm sure your kids will do just fine being away from Mom, I can't wait to meet the newest member of your family

Anonymous said...

hey sweetheart...congrats on going back to work... i am sure it will be fun!

and btw i saw u driving yesterday...your hair looks hawt!

love,
christine

Jenna said...

Hey, I'm not a liar!!! haha
anyway, i'm glad u like the people u work with. that is important! tell emerie I will see her on wednesday

Miss Gina said...

Was Emerie wearing leggings in church today? What a stylish little girl! They look better on her than they do on most people...those cute little chubby baby legs.

Leah said...

Work gets better with every shift I work. I really like the people there. Don't tell anyone but the people at the police station could get really depressing.

Yes, Emerie was wearing red leggings under her oversized white sweater. I figure if I can't pull of trendy myself then I can live vicariously through my children.