Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Verbal Diarrhea

So many things that I want to talk about today. I hope that I remember all of them.

For starters - I got a new job. I've been applying for different jobs with the city for a couple of months now and I went for an interview yestery and they phoned me shortly after lunch and offered me the position. I wasn't sure about going back to 12 hour night shifts so I've been keeping my eyes open for something new. Anyways, I will be working at Access Transit (which is the public transportation for people with disabilities) where I will be the scheduling clerk. People have to phone in and schedule their pick ups and drop offs and I'll be the person that they phone in and talk to. How nice it will be to actually deal with the public again instead of sitting with headphones on for 11 hours straight. The hours will be so much better as it is just a part time position so I'll still be home for my babies alot too (and not sleeping all day long either).

April 17th is the much aniticipated Epicure party. All are welcome. I'm pulling out some new recipes plus some old favorites. Let me know if you are interested in coming and I'll give you all the details.

This means that I seriously need a new work wardrobe. The dress is pretty casual there but I definately do not want to keep up the utter drab rut that I have desperately fallen into. I'm looking at this as my opportunity to gain back my fashion abilities. Believe it or not there was actually a time in my life where people commented on my keen fashion sense. This may sound strange but the biggest item on my list right now is a great pair of grey pants. Nothing so casual that I'm in cargoville but not dress pants either, something that can go either way. If any of you know where I can attain such a find please let me know (keep in mind this gal is on a budget).

Something that has frustrated me lately is lines. Standing/waiting in lines, specifically. I do not understand why people get so frustrated and antsy waiting in line to the point where they will walk out of the restaurant if the wait is longer than 10 minutes. But on the other hand they will wait in Tim Horton's drive through for upwards of 15 minutes for a stinking coffee. What's worse is I'm one of them!! What is the world coming to. Since when is coffee more important that a beautiful dining experience?

Here's something good. Have you seen the commercial for the hearing aid that helps you eavesdrop on other peoples conversations? WHAT!!!! This is actually one of the uses advertised in the commercial. It shows that when you are wearing it you can listen to the messeges in church better, you can hear your kids playing accross the playground, you can hear the tv when it is down low so you don't disturb your spouse - AND eavesdrop on a conversation that is happening across the room. Tempting, I know. But come on, REALLY? All this for the low, low cost of $19.95. And it looks like you just have your IPOD earphones in. Good grief - people beware.

I should have gotten out of bed in the middle of the night to write this blog while all the thoughts in my head where actually keeping me awake last night.

Can you believe the snow on the ground this morning? Honestly, how disappointing was that? Sometimes I think God is just bored up there and thinks "Hey, I'm gonna mess with those Saskatchewan's for a while, ha ha ha!" Well - IT'S NOT FUNNY!!!!

So I got a free ticket to the Juno's. Jenna had a spare ticket. How exciting!!!! I immediately started to phone people to brag that I was going, especially my husband. 10 minutes later it turns out that the spare ticket wasn't really a spare ticket anymore. Son of a bisket! It's okay - Jenna knows I'm not mad.

I just checked the "So You Think You Can Dance" website and they are doing auditions as I type. Infact they only have one location left. Let the obsession begin.

I had a Curves weigh in yesterday and I am 4 1/2 inches smaller. Oh, the little things in life.

Hmm, seems that's all I got. Until next time...

4 comments:

Megan said...

congrats on the job! a new job is always exciting because there is always opportunity. and standing in line drives me nuts as well, but not as much as when you're in line and someone sneaks in at some point in front of you. Steam comes out of my ears then.

Jenna said...

Leah-that was such a good blog. You had so much to talk about.
I'm still so sorry about the Juno ticket. Argh....

Just Me said...

You're funny...try Superstore. They seemed to have some nice buisness-casual wear there that I noticed while sauntering through to get my allergy meds.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job see once again you and I have something in common... now that I think about it you AND Kristy AND I have something in common!! Sorry I can't help you with the pants, I am a strong believer that I will die in jeans and that makes me happy!