Saturday, March 31, 2007

A Promise Made is a Promise Kept

I promised the management at The Great Buffet of China that I would share this story with everyone that I know. So just for good measure I shall blog about it.

Today we went to The Great Buffet of China restaurant for lunch (Me, Jonny, Emerie, Torry and Jeremy). After the bills had been split up and Jonny and I had been given our portion we noticed that we were charged for a child's buffet as well. Now my baby is only 9 months - not quite ready to partake in the chinese buffet. During our meal she happily munched on her puffed wheat which travels everyone whith us. We let our waiter know of the mistake and he said that he would look into it. He soon came back with the manager of The Great Buffet of China and she explained that if a child eats something and makes a mess (we are still working on accuracy with Emerie, only half of what she shoves towards her face actually makes it into her mouth), even if the food does not belong to The Great Buffet of China they will be charged for a child's buffet and that was that.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!

So we grudgingly agreed to pay but let them know that we would share this story with everyone we knew.

Okay, I also have a Juno sighting story. Torry, Jonny and I were standing in the mall today when Torry says "Hey, aren't those the guys from Canadian Idol?" And wouldn't you know walking in the front doors is Farley Flex and whoever the white guy with glasses is. So when they get closer of course Jonny and Torry do the head nod 'sup thing that only cool black guys do and Farley returns it by patting Jonny on the shoulder and saying "'sup man" and then they keep on walking. We just stood there watching them walk away, thinking to ourselves "Well, that was different."

Mmmm, now I shall go and curl up on the couch and finish my venti chai tea latte. Good night all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that has gotto be the stupidist thing I have ever heard... The Great Buffet story not the Farley story, that was kinda cool, however I don't see myself eating at the Great Buffet with children any time soon but I will pass that story along to all family with small children. And you are right about the cool black guy thing cuz if that had been JJ he would have just looked stupid!!

Megan said...

i used to love the Great Buffet of China but my ball team went there to eat one night and it made most of us sick. So this is just another reason why I will never eat there again. Even though I do live in Calgary now.

Jenna said...

Hey, I can't believe they charged you for Emerie. That is ridiculous!!
MMM I love chai tea lattes

Miss Gina said...

Hey Leah...I tagged you! Check out my blog.

MoldableClay said...

That is unbelievable that they would charge you (stupid Great Buffet of China) and that Jonny is friends with Farley Flex in a cool black guy kind of way.

Keep sharing you story it is worth hearing!

Blessings

Ronnie +